Prayer for a Friend
On this page you’ll find a collection of prayers for a friend. Read these prayers out loud or in silence.
How to pray for a friend in need?
Prayers for a friend can be a powerful way to express your love, concern, and support for someone you care about. Whether you are praying for a specific need or simply asking for God’s presence and guidance in their life, these prayers can be a source of comfort and hope for both you and your friend. Whether you are praying alone or with others, these prayers can be a way to connect with your friend and offer your support and encouragement as they navigate the ups and downs of life. Whether you are looking for words to express your own feelings or seeking inspiration for what to pray for your friend, these prayers can provide comfort, strength, and guidance as you journey together through life.
We will print and place your prayer request on the Stone of Anointing; the place where Christ’ body was laid down after being removed from the crucifix and prepared for burial.
Short Prayers for a Friend
- “Dear God, please watch over my friend and protect them from all harm. May they know your love and guidance every day, and may they find peace, joy, and happiness in your presence. Amen.”
- “Heavenly Father, please give my friend strength, courage, and hope as they face the challenges of life. May they know your love and support every step of the way, and may they find peace and comfort in your presence. Amen.”
- “Dear Lord, please bless my friend with good health, happiness, and prosperity. May they always know your love and care, and may they find joy and purpose in all that they do. Amen.”
- “Dear God, please be with my friend and give them the strength and support they need. May they know your love and guidance always, and may they find peace, hope, and joy in your presence. Amen.”
Prayer for Strength for a Friend
- “Dear God, please give my friend the strength they need to face the challenges of life. May they know your love and support every step of the way, and may they find courage and resilience in your presence. Amen.”
- “Heavenly Father, please strengthen my friend in body, mind, and spirit. May they find hope and courage in your love and grace, and may they know that they are never alone. Please give them the strength and support they need to face whatever comes their way, and may they find peace and joy in your presence. Amen.”
Miracle Prayer for a Friend
- “Dear God, I come to you today with a heavy heart, asking for your help and guidance. My dear friend is facing a difficult situation and they need your intervention and grace. I know that you are a God of miracles, and I believe that you have the power to bring hope, healing, and restoration to their life. Please touch my friend with your love and mercy, and work a miracle in their life. May they know your presence and your peace in a deep and meaningful way. I pray that you would give them the strength and courage to face whatever comes their way, and that you would guide them on the path that you have for them. I trust in your goodness and your faithfulness, and I know that you are able to do far more than we can ask or imagine. Please bless my friend and work a miracle in their life, for your glory and for your honor. Amen.”
- Lord, please heal my friend [INSERT NAME]. He/She is very sick and in need of a miracle. Lord, nothing is impossible with you and your power. Please stop his/her pain through his/her body. Lift them with inspiration and make them believe that they will be healed. Amen!
Prayer for a Friend Healing
- Dear God, I lift up my dear friend to you today, asking for your healing touch. They are going through a difficult time and are in need of your love, care, and grace. Please give them strength, courage, and hope as they face the challenges of healing. May they know your presence and your peace in a deep and meaningful way, and may they find comfort and support in your love. Please guide the hands of the doctors and caregivers who are treating them, and may they find the right treatment and care that they need. I pray that you would bring complete healing and restoration to my friend, both physically and emotionally. I trust in your goodness and your faithfulness, and I know that you are able to do far more than we can ask or imagine. Please bless my friend and bring healing to their body, mind, and spirit. Amen.
- Lord, I am here today to pray for my friend who needs your intervention. My friend is sick, praying for a speedy healing, so we pray God that You grant it to him. Asides You, there’s no other Father that listens. Thank You for Your grace and the answered prayer, Amen.
Prayer for a Sick Friend
Father Almighty in the name of Jesus Christ may every spirit of disease leave friend’s body.
May he receive complete healing of body mind and soul and may he feel deep joy.
In the name of Jesus I pray.
Heal My Dear Friend Who is Suffering
Please heal my dear Friend of her terrible pain and suffering from various ailments and grant her good health and peace of mind. Also give her the grace to forgive and visit the sacrament of reconciliation.
Thank you Jesus for hearing my prayers
Bible Verse of the Day: A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity – Proverbs 17:17
Prayer for a Friend who is Sick
Our Loving and Merciful God,
Begging for Your mercy to heal my friend who is very ill and in pain for a long time.
Please Heavenly Father, we believe in you LORD that there is nothing impossible if we ask in Your most holy name and in Jesus Christ your most precious Son, grant us our prayers.
Prayer for a Fast Healing for my Friend
Dear God, we are here today, kneeling before You, Lord, to ask your hand upon our friend.
She needs Your healing touch and we ask that You bless her.
She is suffering now.
We believed to the power of Prayer and to the Miracle from You. So, Please, restore her body and her hope that she will be given a second life and a new body without any illness and pain.
In Jesus Name, Amen.
Prayer for a Friend in Need
Here is a prayer for a friend in need:
- Dear God, I lift up my dear friend to you today, asking for your help and guidance. They are going through a difficult time and are in need of your love, care, and grace. Please be with them in their time of need, and give them the strength and courage to face whatever comes their way. May they find hope and comfort in your presence, and may they know that they are never alone. Please bring healing and restoration to their body, mind, and spirit, and may they find peace, joy, and hope in your love. I pray that you would surround them with love and support, and that you would guide them on the path that you have for them. I trust in your goodness and your faithfulness, and I know that you are able to do far more than we can ask or imagine. Please bless my friend and bring hope and healing to their life. Amen.
- Father in Heaven, I kneel before You today to pray for miracles. [INSERT NAME] has always had my back, so here I am, praying that you comfort him in his time of need. At this point, I know there’s no exception to your grace and ability, which is why I pray that You grant him/her a speedy testimony. Thank you for hearing my prayers Oh Lord, and In Christ’s Name, I Pray, Amen.
Prayer for a Friend in Pain
Verses in the Bible have shown how You made happiness out of great sorrow and wanting. Father, we want You to perform the same kind of miracle in “Name’s” life. He/she needs a comforter, and You’re the best. I pray because I prefer him/her happy and because he/she wishes me the same. Thanks for listening to us God, and In Jesus Name I Pray.
Prayer Message for a Friend
“Name” is one of my best friends, and today God, I pray for on behalf that You continue backing his/her progress. Oh Lord, without You, we’re next to nothing, but through You, we have everything. Be with him/her, so everything he/she needs is provided at a moment’s notice. I exalt Your Name and might Father, and in Jesus Name, Amen.
Pray for Friend’s Success
Success is a cliché at this point, but I still have only You to answer these prayers Father. I pray for “Name’s” financial restoration. Make provisions for him/her, so that he/she will never be left wanting for anything. You’re our Lord, our God, and in only You we have faith to deliver us from all tribulations. Thank You for having our backs, thank You got the testimonies, In Jesus Name, Amen.
Prayer for Friendship Restoration
Proverbs 27:17 says “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Lord, this verse has never been truer in my case. Deep down, I know “Name,” like me, or anybody else has his/her flaws. That’s what makes us human and thus, why we need You. Lord of Hosts, I pray that You rekindle the flame between me and “Name.” We need You to help us keep this miracle, that we call friendship. Amen.
Prayer for Friendship and Love
Father, You who reign in Heaven is the only God I have to thank for life. So my prayer is for guidance on choosing the right friends. Lord, I pray that You teach me how to create healthy and meaningful relationships full of love. I thank You for listening to me today, and In Jesus Name, Amen.
“Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house, when the Almighty was still with me, and my children were around me, 6, when my path was drenched with cream and the rock, poured out for me streams of olive oil” – Job 29:4-6
Insightful Bible Verses in Friendships
“Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared” – Proverbs 22:24-25
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity” – Colossians 3:12-14
“Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up” – Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you” – John 15:12-15